A resource is a digital item, such as a file or a link, that a teacher can use to support learning and assessment. A wide range of resource types are supported in Moodle, and are shown in the figure to the right. Resources are added to a course section during an editing session using the”+Add an activity or resource” button. Note that more than one resource can be added to a section.
Commonly-used resources include:
- File – a picture, pdf document, spreadsheet, or media (sound or video) digital file
- Folder – used to organize files and even other folders
- Label – displayed words or images that can be used to separate activities and resources within a section
- Page – a screen created by the teacher with HTML
- URL – active link to web resources
- Book – multi-page resources with a book-like format