Cheryl joined the Educational Technology team as an Instructional Technologist in July 2014, and she is the primary contact person for faculty in the sciences. Her academic background is in Earth science, with experience in GIS, teaching and academic technology support.
Recent posts by Cheryl:
- Integrating Poll Everywhere with Moodle Gradebook November 2018, Student results from Poll Everywhere surveys and quizzes can now be integrated with the Moodle Gradebook. For information on how to use Poll Everywhere in your class, start with this post. After you have created a set of polls (questions), you will first need to create a class participant list in your Poll Everywhere account. Login ...
- Introducing Poll Everywhere! November 2018, Educational Technology has purchased a site license for the web-based audience participation software, Poll Everywhere. We encourage faculty and staff to use this platform as an alternative to the Turning Technologies clickers that we can no longer support (without added fees). Poll Everywhere can be used in the classroom or during meetings to collect live, ...
- We are hiring Student Technology Assistants for 2018-2019! August 2018, Update 9/19 – due to the large number of applicants, applications have now been closed. If you would like to add your name to a waiting list to be considered for future openings in the program, please email Cheryl Cape at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Educational Technology group is looking to hire motivated students to join our Student ...
- CET Map July 2018, Click on a computer to see a listing of installed software.
- Transferring a course to the new Moodle server July 2018, In July, we set up a fresh installation of Moodle that contains only Summer 2018 and future courses. To transfer over your course content from previous years, follow the instructions detailed below. http://edtech.domains.trincoll.edu/transferring-a-course-to-the-new-moodle-server/